Havoc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

80 mage app

5 posters

Go down

80 mage app Empty 80 mage app

Post  Dephy Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:20 pm

Name of your character, class, and level?
Kaennis, 80 Draenei Mage

List your talent specialization.
It's mainly Arcane spec, but I have a couple of points in Fire and Frost for some early tier perks.

What's your real life age?
I'm 18.

Talk about your raid experience and list your days played.
Well I've taken a couple of breaks from WoW, and during the times I did play, I was leveling this character. I didn't hit 70 until about 2-3 weeks before WotLK came out, so I didn't have much time to get a full feel for all the content. Post raid-nerf, I hit 70 and started doing Kara and got into a buddy's Gruul's raid. Long before that, my neighbor got me into WoW, he was the main tank for a guild that was just starting MC, when that was the thing, and I filled in for him a few times when he couldn't be there. Total time played on Kaennis is just under 23 days, but I've been going at this for about 2-3 years.

List any friends or people that will sign your app currently in Havoc.
Lilmandy has been a friend of mine since leveling in Dragonblight. 74!

What guilds were you previously in? Let us know the reason for your departure.
I've been in no really big name guilds thus far, just been in their PUGs. Ive ran with "Army of Cair Parvel (sp?)", and pug'ed many Kara's.

What's your normal playing schedule? Are there any days you know you can't raid?
College life allows me to be on during a lot of different hours of the day. I'm on almost every day. My work schedule changes weekly so there will be 2-3 nights or so I cannot raid, but for the most part I should be able to attend.

Why do you want to join Havoc?
Looking for a guild thats starting into the WotLK content. My guild now is a small guild filled with some good friends of mine, but they don't have the motivation to raid all that much, so I'm hoping to find that here.

Link your armory profile.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorefiend&n=Kaennis
Quest reward blues FTW!

I'm willing to change my spec or whatever you all decide for the given fight. I take pride in not being "That Guy" that always does the wrong thing and wipes the raid, hahaha.

Thanks,
Jeff

Dephy

Back to top Go down

80 mage app Empty Re: 80 mage app

Post  Lokie Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:31 pm

Since lv 80 is new to many of us, the lacking gear is to be expected and can be fixed easily in heroics/10-mans.

We are in need of dedicated raiding mages right now, so I am willing to /sign as a trial so we can give you a try. As a member of a raiding guild, you are expected to know everything about raiding for your class. What stats are most important, what rotations to use, how to manage your cc, etc.
Lokie
Lokie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dephy Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:54 pm

Lokie wrote:Since lv 80 is new to many of us, the lacking gear is to be expected and can be fixed easily in heroics/10-mans.

We are in need of dedicated raiding mages right now, so I am willing to /sign as a trial so we can give you a try. As a member of a raiding guild, you are expected to know everything about raiding for your class. What stats are most important, what rotations to use, how to manage your cc, etc.
Okay that sounds good. I feel I know a lot about playing the mage, hopefully it will show.

Dephy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandy Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:14 pm

/sign

like he mentioned, he's been a "leveling buddy" of mine since dragonblight. He seem's like a good player who's always willing to help out with whatever's needed and i think he'll be a good fit for the guild. As Lokie mentioned, the quest blues can be replaced and should be worked on asap in heroics and the such.

Mandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dephy Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:29 pm

Mandy wrote:/sign

like he mentioned, he's been a "leveling buddy" of mine since dragonblight. He seem's like a good player who's always willing to help out with whatever's needed and i think he'll be a good fit for the guild. As Lokie mentioned, the quest blues can be replaced and should be worked on asap in heroics and the such.
Appreciate it, look forward to meeting you all and trying things out

Dephy

Back to top Go down

Post  Holly Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:49 pm

We are in needs of dedicated mages like Lokie said in his post. Being 80 right now means that you have invested a lot of time in leveling during the last weeks and we are looking for people that are more than casual so.

You said you took a few breaks of WoW and it took you 2-3 years to get to 70. Do you feel you are more into the game now? We cannot make people play if they dont feel like it, but we are def. looking for those that will be dedicated and long term members.

/sign
Holly
Holly
Admin

https://havoc.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  getowned Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:09 pm

We can use a dedicated mage yes but i see a few things that disturb me.

One: you said you got 70 2-3 weeks prior to wotlk then you stat you pugged many karas. Kara is a weekly reset so 2 or 3 in my eyes isn't many at all.

Two: very little raid exp but i think if you can handle a little criticism can be worked out.

Three and most scary: you have been playing for 2-3 years and only 20ish days played (assuming you had another toon pre bc?) Def nice to see your 80 already that plays in your favor for sure.

I think we would like to give you a shot to earn your exp and all that but let it be known being in a raiding guild isn't a casual thing and there arnt many breaks that can happen w/o hurting the guild and or your spot in general. So no logging on once a month or week for that matter and expect to raid or chill in guild w/o getting some sort of crap for it. We understand that things come up and vacations are nice but if its a weekly thing and we arnt being told when these things will be happening its a big problem. I'm not trying to scare you or look mean but i am trying to clear some things up before hand.

/sign for trial and gl
getowned
getowned

Back to top Go down

Post  Dephy Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:19 pm

Holly wrote:We are in needs of dedicated mages like Lokie said in his post. Being 80 right now means that you have invested a lot of time in leveling during the last weeks and we are looking for people that are more than casual so.

You said you took a few breaks of WoW and it took you 2-3 years to get to 70. Do you feel you are more into the game now? We cannot make people play if they dont feel like it, but we are def. looking for those that will be dedicated and long term members.

/sign
Yea I feel like I'm definitely into it more now. High School took up a lot of time, and now that college rolled around I've got a less strict schedule and more time on my hands.

Dephy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dephy Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:24 pm

getowned wrote:We can use a dedicated mage yes but i see a few things that disturb me.

One: you said you got 70 2-3 weeks prior to wotlk then you stat you pugged many karas. Kara is a weekly reset so 2 or 3 in my eyes isn't many at all.

Two: very little raid exp but i think if you can handle a little criticism can be worked out.

Three and most scary: you have been playing for 2-3 years and only 20ish days played (assuming you had another toon pre bc?) Def nice to see your 80 already that plays in your favor for sure.

I think we would like to give you a shot to earn your exp and all that but let it be known being in a raiding guild isn't a casual thing and there arnt many breaks that can happen w/o hurting the guild and or your spot in general. So no logging on once a month or week for that matter and expect to raid or chill in guild w/o getting some sort of crap for it. We understand that things come up and vacations are nice but if its a weekly thing and we arnt being told when these things will be happening its a big problem. I'm not trying to scare you or look mean but i am trying to clear some things up before hand.

/sign for trial and gl
You have a point about the many Karas line, I guess it seemed like more. For the few years I've been going, I did have a warrior pre-BC. I quit back then, and moved and was between phone services and a whole slew of changes, and when I went back, I did not remember my account recovery info, so I started fresh.

I understand it isn't a casual thing. These coming 2 weeks in particular are finals weeks, and once they have passed, I have off until January, which I'm taking a small class load than now. I believe that I will have plenty of time to attend raids and be active. I can handle any criticism that may come, hopefully it being constructive. If something comes up and I am not able to be active, in no way do I expect you all to tolerate it, but that event seems highly unlikely.

Dephy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lokie Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:56 pm

seems like you are approved for trial, whisper an officer in game for invite. Make sure to request membership access on forums as specified in public forum.
Lokie
Lokie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down