Havoc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mazaena - Restoration/Enhancement Shaman

5 posters

Go down

Mazaena - Restoration/Enhancement Shaman Empty Mazaena - Restoration/Enhancement Shaman

Post  BioGenx2b Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:23 pm

Name of your main character, class, and level? Previous character you may have raided with as well if any.
Mazaena: 80 Shaman (Karazhan, Serpentshrine Cavern, The Eye, Zul'Aman, Black Temple, Hyjal Summit, Naxxramas, Obsidian Sanctum, Vault of Archavon)
Hrormir: 80 Paladin (Karazhan, Serpentshrine Cavern, The Eye, Zul'Aman, Black Temple, Hyjal Summit, Naxxramas, Obsidian Sanctum, Vault of Archavon)
Xiria: 71 Rogue (Karazhan, Zul'Aman)
Xiria [Kargath-PvE]: 70 Rogue ({Classic (Molten Core, Zul'Gurub, Blackwing Lair, Temple of Ahn'Qiraj, Naxxramas)} Karazhan)
Zanria: 70 Priest (Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Hyjal Summit)
Mirari: 70 Hunter (Karazhan, Serpentshrine Cavern, Zul'Aman)
Kuronna: 70 Druid (Karazhan)

What's your real life age?

Talk about your REAL raid experience and list your total days played.
Raids listed in first section I have participated in. I've been raiding since Molten Core in classic, as a rogue then, and migrated to Gorefiend. I began raiding as an enhancement shaman, then moved to resto and leveled many other characters to 70, subsequently raiding with them almost exclusively in Karazhan. My shaman and paladin went through SSC and TK and both experienced BT, although my paladin full cleared it after 3.0 pre-LK. I've been at this for a long time and have a good feel for it, but I'm always open to criticism of my style and skill so I can improve it. In terms of total days played, I can post that if you want, but do you want the cumulative amount starting from my rogue back in the day and adding all relevant (or just all) characters? Or would you just like my shaman's /played time?

List any friends or people that will sign your application currently in Havoc.
I'm not sure there are any.
Edit: Didn't realize that Glorac was in this guild. I remember raiding with him in TRS(?). /hai2u Very Happy

What guilds were you previously in? Let us know the reason for your departure.
I started BC at 70 in Arthurian Legion. That guild fell apart as it began trying to move from casual to raiding, and many members weren't dependable enough. At that point, I applied to Aretè and joined them as restoration (which was the first time I had done a serious healing spec and play style). Many of us left and joined other guilds after a bureacracy fiasco and I joined The Red Shirts after a short stay in Tabula Rasa (they didn't really need more members at the time). TRS began falling apart shortly after 3.0 hit, but before the expansion. There was a mass purge and I was one of the members kicked, although for what reason I wasn't told (though there's some skepticism that it was related on popularity and the guild bank). Thus, I joined Fatal on my paladin (after Broche insisted that I join his guild). I began raiding as Retribution and did some BT/SSC/TK with them till the expansion hit. My paladin is currently a member of their guild, although they are full on raiding members and I found myself without any guild raiding most of the time. Although I did manage to clear Naxx/OS/Vault 10/25, I was mostly without a dps role to fulfill. This prompted me to level my shaman, and I joined Wrath of the Norsemen literally as I left the boat to Borean Tundra. I leveled to 80 in about a week and went restoration once again. We cleared about 3 wings of Naxx and just finished our own Vault and OS 10. They decided to change guild names, and are now known as Vindicta (I think that's the name) but haven't had the chance to invite me. Thus, I saw the ad for HAVOC and saw it as an opportunity to stop moving backwards (which I had subsequently been doing) and fight the bosses that I've longed to see (which is exclusively 1/2/3Drake and Maly right now). If this doesn't work out, I'll probably go back to them but let's see how this fares first.

What's your normal playing schedule? Our 25 man raid nights are WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY and SUNDAY, 7:15 to 11pm, are you able to make these?
My normal playing schedule, Thursdays I'm usually partying at a friend's place (gaming night), but I'm pretty sick and tired of watching everying play Smash Bros. while I have Tatsunoko vs. Capcom hooked up and am playing by myself (not news, wrist sprains) so I don't mind giving that up to raid with you guys at all. Think of it as a mutual benefit. As for the other nights, I've got no problem committing to that schedule.

Why do you want to join Havoc?
I'm looking for a group of raiders that are dedicated and focused on killing bosses effectively and efficiently, and having one hell of a time doing so! Also, this group needs to be able to handle competitive content, and HAVOC seems just like the guild to do so. Also, your ad in Trade suggested that you needed a healing Shaman, which I just so happen to be (as well as enhance offspec, but gear is poo regarding that at the moment).

Link your armory profile.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorefiend&n=Mazaena
A note about my gear: My shoulders with their "crappy" enchant is due to my lack of Stone Keeper's Shards and Hodir rep. As for the rest of it, I have the enchanting mats hoarded to get just about anything that doesn't require Abyss Crystals, but need to find an enchanter to do it for me (and I've been very lazy about it as I was leveling my prot warrior for a bit since I had nothing to do). If I get in, or it determines the outcome of my application, I'll get to it immediately (with an exception for those ugly greens of course). Speaking of greens, I'm looking to getting heroics done to upgrade my gear, but the Norsemen weren't on often enough during the day (very small guild) to assist me with this and PuGs can be unreliable sometimes. Also, if the gear is too much of a burden, but my application is prospective, feel free to put me on probation and sit me for raids until I can improve my gear if you have to. Just being part of a strong guild should be enough to find reliable and good players to run heroics and gear up with.

Thank you for your interest into Havoc and good luck!
I'll keep my fingers crossed. (Too bad there isn't a silly question, like composing a haiku [TRS] or such.)

Last edited by BioGenx2b on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total

BioGenx2b

Back to top Go down

Mazaena - Restoration/Enhancement Shaman Empty Re: Mazaena - Restoration/Enhancement Shaman

Post  Lokie Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:45 pm

... I am speechless... We got a well-thought-out and thorough app from trade chat!

First off, great app. I make it a point to respond partially to applications before I check armory so the gear doesn't interfere before I address the person behind the app. You have extensive raid experience (less so in Wrath, but still some) and seem to have the right attitude. Thank you for being so thorough.

Keep in mind that HAVOC is a relatively small guild. We are all good friends at this point and get along well. We try to have a good time without fucking around when it counts. Being invited and becoming a raider mean that you are willing to integrate into this environment and become a part of it. It means you are willing to commit to being on as often as you possibly can for 25-man nights because our guild size doesn't allow for much wiggle room.

As a resto shaman, you will have the opportunity to hop in pretty often since our only resto shaman is having some school conflicts currently. But keep in mind that he is a senior member, and so you might have to sit for him occasionally.

Checking gear now:
A mix between decent and awful, though you did address this in your app. We don't run scheduled 10-mans anymore, and so you will be expected to make your own way as much as possible. We don't mind dragging you around in 25-naxx and defaulting loot to you from every boss (ask catadon Razz), but we will still be watching to make sure that you are putting forth reasonable effort on your own. Thejewers is our guild enchanter and I think he has every enchant, so talk to him to get enchants done (though you probably wont be getting guild crystals until you have been here a while).

My vote is a yes. Your gear is not where it needs to be right now, so you will not be used on fights like malygos or sarth3D until it has improved unless we just need warm bodies. Since we really trying to recruit members that are geared to jump right in, I want to see what the other officers say before accepting you.

EDIT: Havoc will not be your "well, I dont get to raid on 'x' character tonight, so I'll log on for my other guild" backup. We expect this to be the guild that you contribute 100% to. Will this be a problem?
Lokie
Lokie

Back to top Go down

Mazaena - Restoration/Enhancement Shaman Empty Re: Mazaena - Restoration/Enhancement Shaman

Post  BioGenx2b Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:01 am

I will certainly be assisting my old buddies with 10man content, but only during nights where Havoc isn't currently partaking in raiding (as I assume I'd be sitting as a backup).

In case of such an event where I am sitting, I'll level my warrior (or other alt) while remaining in constant contact (most likely as an ALT in the guild if possible) so as to keep myself busy while waiting.

Also, I have no issue with dropping whatever WoW activity I'm currently partaking in if the guild needs me, barring bosses at 30% (badges mean more gear, but this rule is subject to situational discretion based on the needs of the guild; if you need me NOW and not in 1-2mins then you shall have me).

BioGenx2b

Back to top Go down

Post  thejewers Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:10 am

Just a couple things

I will certainly be assisting my old buddies with 10man content, but only during nights where Havoc isn't currently partaking in raiding (as I assume I'd be sitting as a backup).

Sorry if this comes of as harsh I promise it isn't meant to be Smile. This is perfectly alright just remember who's your main and make sure you gear up Mazaena with the 10 mans first and not Hrormir or any other alt.

To be honest I'm very skeptical when it comes to people who have a lot of alts. BUT after reading your app I have to say I'm impressed. Your app is very well written and you seem to have a really good attitude.

/sign pirat
thejewers
thejewers

Back to top Go down

Post  BioGenx2b Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:15 am

Mazaena - Restoration/Enhancement Shaman Raymond_Cruz_325x200_BB(Episode106)Stills032
"Just remember who you're workin' for."

BioGenx2b

Back to top Go down

Post  Khrysaliz Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:50 am

I don't know if my word mean anything, but his application is VERY in depth. I like the way he is thinking, and even though the gear is a small hurdle to overcome, I definately think we could fix this if we bring him into the guild. Seems like a nice guy overall so far, but you cant tell a book by its cover. (Not saying you'rea book Razz)

But if my word has any meaning to it,

/sign

Good-Luck!
Khrysaliz
Khrysaliz

Back to top Go down

Post  Holly Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:32 pm

Hai and thank you for your interest into HAVOC.

Like it has ben said, there is wholes in your gear. We were looking for people that are ready to jump in the 25's with us, though you have mentionned that you were willing to come in HAVOC as "trial" and work on your gear, so its fine with me. I am def. willing to help you out, because your attitude seems to reflect what HAVOC is and your application is impressive: that shows you care and that probably reflects the way you act on this game.

You also said that you could make all of our raid nights so, thats a +

/sign
Holly
Holly
Admin

https://havoc.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lokie Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:50 pm

I have spoken with other officers, and we have accepted your app. Whisper one of us in game for an invite.

Welcome

Remember to request full forum access as outlined in the public chat forum
Lokie
Lokie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down