Havoc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73 Rogue Application

3 posters

Go down

73 Rogue Application Empty 73 Rogue Application

Post  Guest Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:55 pm

-Name of your character, class, and level?

Namyal, Rogue, 73

-List your talent specialization.

Assassination - Mutilate w/ double daggers and the whole deal.

-What's your real life age?

21 as of Friday 11/28

-Talk about your raid experience and list your days played.

None to date, I haven't been able to get into a raiding guild as of yet, hence the application Very Happy

-List any friends or people that will sign your app currently in Havoc.

Orcan is a friend of mine in real life, I've played with Xerith/Apacolypse and I spoke to Holly already who directed me to this application. I dont expect Holly to sign off on me but I talked to her a bit if you need more info.

-What guilds were you previously in? Let us know the reason for your departure.

Order of Uther - Guild disbanded
Lords of Azeroth - Guild was stagnant, no PvP, no instances no raid no nothing.

-What's your normal playing schedule? Are there any days you know you can't raid?

I'm on most evenings, there's no specific day of the week where I wont be able to raid.

-Why do you want to join Havoc?

I started playing WoW as of February of this year, and I've played pretty frequently ever since with no real long stretches without playing so I would consider myself pretty knowledgeable about the game. I haven't really been able to become acquainted with some of the more detailed aspects of the game (i.e. raiding) so I would like to do so, which would make the game much more fun than it already is for me. No need to worry either, about my inexperience. I'm a fast learner, I figure things out the first time theyre explained to me.

-Link your armory profile.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorefiend&n=Namyal

Back to top Go down

73 Rogue Application Empty Re: 73 Rogue Application

Post  Lokie Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:59 am

Since you don't have any raid experience, I'm not expecting you to know the answers to too many of these questions, but try anyway.

What weapons speeds do you want for maximum damage for mutilate in a raid? for combat?

Do you know what energy pooling is?

What self-buff is most important for a rogue to keep active during a raid?

What stats are important for a rogue, and which ones are most important?

Some sources you will need to become familiar with include www.shadowpanther.net and www.elitistjerks.com

Like I said, since you have never raided before, I don't expect that much from you in terms of previous knowledge, but your app hinges on your claimed trait of "fast learner" We plan on pushing raid content hard, and don't have time to be dragging people along, so you will need to learn how to carry your weight quickly. If you can do that, /sign for trial.
Lokie
Lokie

Back to top Go down

73 Rogue Application Empty Answers

Post  Guest Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:32 pm

You're right, I don't know many of those answers, but I can find them.

According to that shadowpanther.com website, raid mutilate daggers should have faster speeds (1.8 and faster) and combat daggers should be slower (2.6). I don't know why it is that way just yet but I'm guessing it has to do with the nature of the fight.

Energy pooling, from the elitistjerks website is used especially when using slice and dice, and it is letting your energy collect while waiting for one Slice to finish so you can immediately cast another, thus keeping the attack speed up that Slice brings. Mutilate rogues use it to wait for benefit buffs to proc so they can whip out max damage at one time, or at least that's how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The buff I want for bosses is Expose armor, apparently, and good self buffs for a raid are potions and elixers that I'm not familiar with. I've always wanted to try some of those combat potions etc. but never got around to trying them out. Guess I'll look into them more.

Unless this is a trick question, important stats for a Rogue (having played on one for 10 months) are Stam. and Agi., and I usually keep an eye on DPS, haste rating and crit. %, improving those when I can.

Let me know if I'm off on anything. Always willing to learn something new.

Back to top Go down

Post  Holly Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:00 pm

/sign

You seem to want to learn about your class and raiding and you took the time to answer those questions that lokie asked pretty quikly. I am def. willing to give you a chance to tag along with Havoc.
Holly
Holly
Admin

https://havoc.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  getowned Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:20 pm

You did the right thing by looking this up, but don't put expose armor up cause i know 2 prot warriors that may or may not know where the shadowmeld button is Twisted Evil correct me if I'm wrong but it used to knock sunders from warriors off the mob. = bad for tanks. Good app though considering no raid xp.

How long till 80?

Also since you've never raided do you understand how much time it takes out of your rl? This is probably the most important question that isn't on the app. We raid alot and it just grows later so I'm asking how you feel about dedicating 4 to 5 hrs 3 nights a week to hanging out with us in a raid possibly wiping possibly owning face ( the more owning face the better ). Also countless hrs in heroics.

These forums are to be used as well.

If he understands the contract /sign for trial and be Lokie's shadow you will learn alot from him, but ill tell you now remember where you started ill hold it against you later if needed Evil or Very Mad

GL
getowned
getowned

Back to top Go down

Post  Lokie Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:32 pm

Well, the fact that you went and looked up some of the answers is good, that means you now have those sites in your history, and have no excuse to not check them regularly Very Happy

Some of your answers are not right. EA is only used if there is NO warrior, the important buff is SnD, dont ever let it fall off. Once you answer getowned, we will see about having you signed as trial. I'll try to teach you the methods of rogue raiding and we will see how well you pick up on it.
Lokie
Lokie

Back to top Go down

Post  Holly Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:33 pm

lol dont cry uts ok ; )
Holly
Holly
Admin

Back to top Go down

73 Rogue Application Empty Honesty

Post  Guest Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:49 pm

I do log quite a few hours each week on WoW, As I said I play most nights and most times I play for 3+ hours in a sitting.

To put it all in perspective, however, I am a Junior in college, studying to be a history teacher which I consider to be my primary focus at the moment. I have a girlfriend of 3 1/2 years that I'm living with and as you all know life is bound to throw a curve ball here and there. Therefore, it is only honest to tell you that in no way would a video game ever be one of my top priorities in life, considering college, my girlfriend and my job(s). I do this for fun and only for fun.

However, as I said I already play alot and I can promise you that I will make a genuine effort to be available when needed, and to learn as much as I can so as to be effective, but if life gets in the way of playing the game you'll just have to deal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Holly Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:26 pm

Wisper an officer in game for an invite.
Holly
Holly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum